'What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday 13 October 2014

Hello bloggers!  I’ve missed you – sorry I’ve been AWOL again but life has been a little busy lately and shows no sign of letting up.

I have, however, been doing a little creating, so I thought I’d blog a little to catch up.

Here are a few pages from my mixed paper size Faith Journal.

fRESH START

STARS

As you can see from the photo below, I went back in with the black pen to outline the stars and add a stitched border to top and bottom.

The side border is a Dylusions stamp which I cut around to create a shaped border.

HOSEA

This one was lots of fun to do.  It’s glossy card so I used alcohol inks on it to create a mid blue(ish) sky, then added the rays with a fine paintbrush. I added more lines and texture with Ranger’s original Acrylic paint – they changed its name to Pearly something or other last time I saw it but I haven’t heard of it for a while.  I used Butterscotch, and pulled more out with the paintbrush. I was really pleased with the effect and it’s very tactile.

LIGHT

More to come soon…

xxx

8 very kind comments from lovely people:

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Wonderful pages, love the layers of colors and quote on all!!

Artyjen said...

Love the believe page with the colour combo and words.
xoxo Sioux

SCarol said...

Missed you too! Wonderful pages, love the Light of the World, you can just see that light glowing. Look forward to more :)

Sarah Anderson said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous pages. And I love how seeing great pages like these send me off to read the passages for myself :)

Ineke Original said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ineke Original said...

Welcome back. Beautiful pages.

sam21ski said...

Great to see you back in blog land Cath, lovely makes and I am soooo sorry that I missed you at Port Sunny. I visited the stand and bought some stuff from them too - small world isn't it xxx

Anke said...

Oh Cath I missed you, welcome back.

Wonderful pages, I love the colours and the wonderful quotes.

Look forward to more.

Hugs
Anke